Saturday, February 11, 2006

Flint Rasmussen Chat Transcript

Flint Rasmussen chat transcriptfrom September 19, 2005 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
Speaker
Message
Web User:
Flint, will you still be doing PRCA shows or just PBR's now?
Flint Rasmussen:
As of this Fall. I'll just be doing PBR's with the exception if I get accepted for the NFR in December.
Web User:
Hope you have recovered from your operation - didn't see you at Ft. Lauderdale - when will you be back?
Flint Rasmussen:
I was recovered within a month. I've been at PRCA rodeos since June but will be back at PBRs in Grand Rapids.
Web User:
Are you still doing Denver Rodeo?
Flint Rasmussen:
I will be at the PBR Challenger event in Denver but not the PRCA rodeo. That's in January.
Web User:
who is your favorite announcer to work with at a show?
Flint Rasmussen:
No offense to the other guys...but Justin Mcee is my favorite but he's with OLN now.
Web User:
Flint, you're hilarious...I've seen you twice already this year (Mohegan Sun, CT and Uniondale, NY) you had my whole family laughing hysterically both times. How do you keep your "routine" fresh?
Flint Rasmussen:
Drugs...ONLY KIDDING. It's fresh because nothing is scripted. I work off of what's happening in the arena and in life itself. Keeping it fresh for the fans means it's fresh for me AND it keeps my job interesting.
Web User:
So where di dyou lean to dance - or does it come "au Naturale"
Flint Rasmussen:
It's always come naturally to me. I love good music and love to dance. That's why it's part of my show.
Web User:
How long have you been doing rodeo shows, as a barrel man?
Flint Rasmussen:
I've been doing it professionally since 1994 but actually started in the rodeo world in 1988.
Web User:
I know when I saw you in Reno a few years ago, you and Tallman worked well together and last year at the NFR you, Bob and Boyd seemed to do well together, feeding off each other
Flint Rasmussen:
Those two are my best friends. It's always a pleasure to work with them!
Web User:
Do you have a brother that is also a rodeo announcer too?
Flint Rasmussen:
My brother Will is a rodeo announcer for the PRCA. Yes.
Web User:
Flint do your little girls get into your work?
Flint Rasmussen:
My girls like to see their dad dance! They are almost as good as me!
Web User:
Flint, didn't you one year at reno steal on of the pick-up men's horses and ride him around for a while?
Flint Rasmussen:
Yes, I think I did once.
Web User:
OK - ante up - do you have a favorite PBR Rider?
Flint Rasmussen:
I'm cheering for Justin McBride for the World Championship. However, there are none that I don't like.
Web User:
Of all the riders, who is the most fun to work with while in the arena?
Flint Rasmussen:
The easy answer is Paulo Crimber because we dance. An unexpected funny one is Wiley Petersen.
Web User:
Are you a trained bullfighter or just a comedian with quick reactions?
Flint Rasmussen:
I am not nor ever have been a bullfighter. Or want to be. I've always just wanted to be an entertainer.
Web User:
Did you ever ride bulls or rodeo?
Flint Rasmussen:
I roped in high school but never had any disire to ride bulls. I participated in rodeo because my family was involved with rodeo.
Web User:
Hi Flint, At the Coeur d Alene ID rodeo you did a snake routine, How did you come up with adding the Aussie touch to it?
Flint Rasmussen:
It's a take off of the Crocodile Hunter guy. It's just something people have seen on TV that I thought people would like to see in the arena.
Web User:
I saw you save a cowboy in 1998 at the NFR, the night that you, joe, and frank had to all go in to save that boy
Flint Rasmussen:
I tried to avoid that as much as I can but sometimes that just comes with the job!
Web User:
How old are you?
Flint Rasmussen:
I just turned 25...just kidding, I'm actually 37.
Web User:
Have you ever gotten hit by a bull?
Flint Rasmussen:
I've been hit a lot in my barrel. One time in my career I got hit outside the barrel. It hurt but I didn't get hurt.
Web User:
What is a typical day for you like leading up to the bull riding?
Flint Rasmussen:
Sleep in if I can so I'm rested. Any appearances or media requests taken care of. Eat good meals at the right time so I have energy. Usually at the arena, two and a half hours early, and often times the last one to leave.
Web User:
how do you keep your energy level so high through the entire show?
Flint Rasmussen:
It's only 2 and a half to 3 hours...plus the cold answer is it's my job. That also has been a reason for my success. I keep myself in shape and I owe it to the fans to give them a good show.
Web User:
How did you get started in this profession?
Flint Rasmussen:
My family has always been involved in rodeo. When I was young, I always thought I could do better. On a dare in 1987, I went and performed at a rodeo for free. I've since done my time and it's worked out very well.
Web User:
You mock or imitate being a cheerleader, were you ever a cheerleader in college?
Flint Rasmussen:
I was actually an athelete that the cheerleaders cheered for. I'm a visual learner so it's one more thing I've watched and thought could make funny.
Web User:
Do you do stand up comedy?
Flint Rasmussen:
I've hosted my own talk show but I've never preformed in a comedy club or true stand up.
Web User:
How did you make the transition from being a school teacher - math teacher, right?
Flint Rasmussen:
It wasn't a big transition because I was preforming as a clown in the summers anyway. When I quit my teaching job I was young, single and had nothing to lose.
Web User:
when you were starting, how hard was it for you to get noticed by contractors and producers to get your foot in the door and take off?
Flint Rasmussen:
It took lots of patience but what many people don't understand, the best way to get noticed is to do a good job.
Web User:
Jody Newberry danced this weekend. Did you give him a dance lesson?
Flint Rasmussen:
I missed it. Anyone who can teach Jody Newberry to dance must be very gifted!
Web User:
OLN did a short segment on you - which of course I missed - and missed on re-run (not purposely!). Do you know when they might be inclined to air that little segment again?
Flint Rasmussen:
I wish I had enough pull with OLN to answer that question. But maybe if you emailed the PBR, someone could work that out for you.
Web User:
My dad and I had the opportunity to see you in Tacoma and Nampa this year. I just wanted to say keep up the good work.
Flint Rasmussen:
Thanks for being fans. See you next year!
Web User:
I noticed how at a show you physically poured yourself out during your routines, how do you recover afterwards?
Flint Rasmussen:
As a former athelete, it's like playing a basketball game every night. If I'm in shape the recovery time is pretty fast.
Web User:
What does your family think of you traveling so much to do all the PBR shows?
Flint Rasmussen:
My family travels with me sometimes. But when I'm home 4 days a week I'm with them. I guess I could just drop my kids off at daycare and never see them. I actually get to spend more time with my family than people in the normal workforce.
Web User:
how does you come up with new material for his act?
Flint Rasmussen:
That's the hardest part of my job. There's enough things happening in life, that there's enough things to make funny.
Web User:
Will Flint be back in action in time for the Las Vegas Finals?
Flint Rasmussen:
I'll be back for Grand Rapids and yes, I'll be in Vegas too.
Web User:
what is the funniest act you ever did and why?
Flint Rasmussen:
I think the funniest things I do are made up on the spot. So consequently , many of them I don't remember the next week. One of my most requested is the 'Boneless Chicken.'
Web User:
for those who dont get to get out to see live shows your are not shwn much on TV, how can those folks get to see more of you on television?
Flint Rasmussen:
Just try your hardest to get to a live event cause you're missing the REAL me. A lot of my job is to fill in while TV is at a commercial during live events. That's why you don't see me on TV.
Flint Rasmussen:
Yes definately! I still have my Miami University t-shirt!
Web User:
Hi Flint, This is your Miami University Fan club and we are coming to Grand Rapids but we want to know if you will also be in Columbus.
Flint Rasmussen:
It's always good to see you guys!
Chat Moderator:
Are there any people you have used as a role model?
Flint Rasmussen:
My role models are people who aren't necessarily great entertainers but know how to treat people right. But my grandfather was the funniest person I ever knew.
Web User:
Columbus Ohio will be my first live PBR event. Looking forward to seeing you do the Bonless Chicken since I've never seen it.
Flint Rasmussen:
I can't always promise what material I'll do but I promise you won't be disappointed.
Web User:
We would like to see a video made of a compilation of all your live routines available to your fans for purchase
Flint Rasmussen:
Please be in touch with the PBR with this. It's been discussed so look for it next year.
Web User:
What is your favorite PBR event?
Flint Rasmussen:
My favorite PBR event is actually a Challenger event in Pendelton, OR. It's a tiny arena with the fans extremely close to me. And I LOVE the northwest!
Web User:
have you ever performed on broadway?
Flint Rasmussen:
No but thanks for giving me that much credit.
Web User:
when do you plan to retire? and where are you going?
Flint Rasmussen:
I'm going to slow down in 06 by working exclusive PBR events. I don't know what I'll do when I retire.
Web User:
have you ever considered getting a side kick, or sorts, to help you perform skits during the show?
Flint Rasmussen:
No because that would mean I'd have to pay one more person...ha ha! At PBR events, I've never found it really necessary.
Web User:
Most of the bulls seem to leave the arena soon after the ride. Are any notorious for coming out to visit you at center ring?
Flint Rasmussen:
I can't name any specifically...but through my years at rodeos and PBRs there are a few that like to pay a visit.
Web User:
I saw you for the first time in Reno and you are great. I am talking 3 of my best friends to the finals in Las Vegas (their first PBR event). Will you be at the meet and great??
Flint Rasmussen:
I haven't seen my appearance schedule as of yet but I'll do my best to get to those. A full schedule is on the PBR World Finals website!
Web User:
Did you give the G-man any tips or funnys for last weekends show?
Flint Rasmussen:
Sorry I'm not much help but I haven't seen G-man in months. Sorry.
Web User:
what is your favorite movie?
Flint Rasmussen:
My favorite movie of all time is Hoosiers!
Web User:
When you do decide to retire are you going to train a protege?
Flint Rasmussen:
I'd like to find somebody that has a nack for it but this isn't exactly a glamorous line of entertainment that people go into.
Web User:
Adriano is another crowd pleasing entertainer type, have you done many routines with him?
Flint Rasmussen:
Actually Adriano isn't much for doing routines. When he's in the arena, he's more focused on doing his job. It's rare to find a bull rider that will act at all when the performers in the arena.
Web User:
Please say your NOT even thinking of retiring any time soon!!
Flint Rasmussen:
No where in the near future but I am just working exclusive for the PBR next year.
Web User:
do you act the same way outside pbr events like at home?
Flint Rasmussen:
One of the hardest things with my job is that people expect me to be high energy all the time. I would say I'm witty but don't expect high energy outside the arena.
Flint Rasmussen:
My wife says I'm quite boring.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Why have you not been at the blue Def event Flint?

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Tammy Dixon said...

Why have you not been at the blue Def event Flint?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home